2014 OSM App and Web Planner
Introducing the 2014 OSM Meeting App
The 2014 OSM app is now available and free to use. The app makes it easy for attendees to navigate the conference just by logging into the mobile app with their OSM registration details. Attendees may use the web site planner (instructions below) or the app to create and update their personal schedule. To offer users more convenience and device choice during 2014 OSM, the conference app smart syncs their mobile app data via the cloud so that users can switch between mobile operating systems like iOS and Android and between multiple computers via the web site.
The free iPhone and iPad conference app is available now in the App Store. The free Android event app is available in the Android market. Search for “Ocean Sciences Meetings 2014”. A web version for Windows Phone and other web-enabled devices is available.
OSM App Features
- Synchronized Scheduling
Attendees download their registration details directly to the meeting app creating a personalized schedule for the conference. The user may add other sessions and include social activities, which synchronize both ways to keep the website planner up-to-date.
- In-Session Commenting
Users easily contribute to valuable and educational dialogue during and after sessions using the in-session commenting feature. With a high character limit, and no need for hashtags, meeting-goers can hold an in-context conversation about specific topics.
- Animated Maps
Session rooms and exhibitors are easy to locate using the animated maps included in the mobile app.
- Native App
No wifi connection required to access the conference program, schedule or maps.
- Now Screen
Stay informed about hot issues, event program changes, your upcoming sessions and organizer messages.
- Meeting Program
Browse the entire event program to build your personal schedule and bookmark sessions or speakers.
- Take notes and email them as part of your trip report for reference.
- Exhibitors, Maps, related conference info and much more.
The OSM 2014 Web Planner
A planner has been launched for the web site which will allow attendees to manage their schedule across devices and operating systems. The web planner is available from your control panel.
To use the web planner:
- To begin, log in to your user control panel (http://www.sgmeet.com/osm2014/userlogon.asp)
- Click "Agenda" in the link menu.
- From the Agenda page, click or tap any time block to view the Agenda Details for that time.
- From the Agenda Details page, click or tap any event title to reveal more details about the event.
- To add an event or presentation to your personal schedule, click or tap the "Add this to my Schedule" button.
- To remove an event or presentation, click or tap the "This is in My Schedule" button.
- To view your personalized schedule at any time, click "My Schedule" in the link menu.
For question or comments, please contact Christopher Schneider, Meeting Web Master at email@example.com.