There will be four posters per board (two per side), therefore posters must be no larger than 45 inches high by 45.5 inches wide. If your poster exceeds these specifications, it may be subject to removal. Posters will adhere to the boards using push pins that will be provided.
Posters will be displayed in specific session groupings for the entire meeting to maximize opportunities for viewing. Specific times for interactions with the presenters will be assigned at times not in conflict with oral presentations.
Posters will be assigned a number that will be consecutive to placement on poster boards in the poster hall at the Oregon Convention Center. This number will be available to you in April along with instructions for preparing your poster.
Posters can go up on Sunday and stay up until Friday morning. All posters will be on display while the Exhibit Hall is open. The official Poster Sessions are on Tuesday, 20 May from 6:00 – 8:00pm and Thursday, 22 May from 6:00 – 8:00pm. Refreshments and snacks will be available during the poster sessions.
Each poster presenter will be scheduled to stand for two hours by his/her poster to be available for questions and discussion by participants. Past experience has shown that this at-poster interaction time is a highly valued way to describe one’s work and to meet face-to-face with those interested in it. Of course, a presenter can also discuss his/her poster with interested individuals whenever the exhibit hall is open. Each poster’s abstract will be in the meeting program and app.
The following are some very general suggestions for posters:
- Minimize text - use images and graphs instead.
- Keep text elements to 50 words or fewer.
- Use phrases rather than full sentences.
- Use an active voice.
- Avoid jargon (depends somewhat on audience).
- Left-justify text; avoid centering and right-justifying text.
- Use a serif font (e.g., Times) for most text - easier to read.
- Sans-serif font (e.g., Helvetica) OK for titles and headings
- Text should be at least 24 point in text, 36 for headings.
- Pay attention to text size in figures - it must also be large.
- Title should be at least 5cm tall.
- Use a light color background and dark color letters for contrast.
- Avoid dark backgrounds with light letters - very tiring to read.
- Stick to a theme of 2 or 3 colors - much more will overload and confuse viewers.
- If you use multiple colors, use them in a consistent pattern - otherwise viewers will spend their time wondering what the pattern is rather than reading your poster.
- Overly bright colors will attract attention - and then wear out readers' eyes.
- Consider people who have problems differentiating colors, especially when designing graphics - one of the most common is an inability to tell green from red.
Pacific Exposition Decorating Company (PEDCO ) will be the contact for printing of posters at JASM.
Orders for posters from the Pacific Exposition Decorating Company MUST be received by the 05/08/2014 to guarantee delivery.
Please use the Pacific Exposition Decorating Company order form (MS Word) to order posters.
Use these guidelines for sending the artwork for your poster:
- Artwork must be at least 300 dpi
- All text must be converted to curves
- Artwork must be designed to scale
- All graphics must be in a PDF
How to send your poster artwork:
Please email your artwork, at your earliest convenience, to Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the completed form. If your file is too large to email please email Tracy for instructions on how to upload toPEDCO’s FTP site. In your email please reference the name of the person who will be picking it the poster.
How to pick up your artwork:
You can pick up your printed poster on Sunday, May 18th from 12:00pm – 5:00pm at the Pacific Exposition service desk in the rear of the Exhibit Hall.
Prices include delivery to show site. All orders are governed by the PEDCO Payment Policy and Limits of Liability and Responsibility. Include sales/use tax as indicated. Items cancelled after the graphic has been started will be charged 100% of the original price.